Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

New School, New Room!

It's been awhile since I have posted!  I kind of skipped the whole semester after that snow day.  I ended up staying in that position for the remainder of the school year.  It ended up being great experience for me and will help ease me into my "official" first year of teaching.  I will be actually teaching in a different school district this year, and I couldn't be more happy about that!  I will be in the same school as my 2 oldest children.  It will be extra nice to be there for Bailey's senior year, especially since she has an extra free period that she can spend in my room helping me!

I haven't been able to spend any time working on my room yet, but I did manage to get in there this week to take some pictures after they cleared out all the furniture to clean the carpet.  



I pretty much love it!  It looks much bigger than it actually is though.  As you can see I have a whiteboard wall instead of the traditional whiteboard/smartboard.  Supposedly it's interactive paint, but I am not so sure it actually works the way it's supposed to.  You can also see that there is no storage!  According to my principal, I will have 4 bookshelves, a locking storage cabinet, a locking storage standing desk/cart, and a teacher desk.  The kicker is that even the teacher desk has no drawers!

My plan is to start looking for some cheap storage options.  I am going to need somewhere to store supplies.  I will be on the lookout for shelves that will accommodate the bins I bought to house the student's interactive notebooks.  I am sure that my classroom will be a mish-mash of found shelving for a few years and I am okay with that!  

You can also see that I have no bulletin boards, so I am going to make one out of paper, but I am not sure just yet where it's going to go.  I guess I will have to wait to see how my furniture fits in.  I do love that about this room; I am not limited in where I can put things.  I don't have to work around all of those things!  

I am not going to be able to get into my room to start working until August 1st, but I will definitely be documenting all of my process both here and potentially on YouTube as well.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment